Friday, April 11, 2008

FEET!

I DESPISE feet! Probably one of the things that I hate more than anything. Seriously, they make me cringe. Just the thought makes me want to throw up. For as long as I can remember I have hated feet. I think I have a serious phobia of feet. Hmmm.....that makes me want to google. BRB! lol


Okay...back! Sorry, I had to go check to see if there was an actual word for the fear of feet. PODOPHOBIA. Okay, makes sense.

So, as I was saying. Plain and simply, feet disgust me. Everything about them....the way they look, the nails, the hair, the dry dead skin (PRE Ped-egg, lmbo), the calluses, the in-grown nails (dh), the SMELL.......LORD THE SMELL! I could go on and on and on.

I can NOT look at feet, touch feet.....NADA! Don't you dare try to put your feet near me. AND LORD, FORBID you try to get Freaky! It AIN'T HAPPENING................EVER!!!

I TOTALLY do NOT understand how some people can get aroused by feet. While googling (yes, another addiction), I found forums and websites decicated to feet fetishes. WHAT THE HELL???? (if I am offending anyone because of their love of feet, I apologize, lol) I seriously need to wash my eyes out. UGH!

Y'all may be thinking, this is something personal. That I have disgusting looking feet, therefore I am taking it out on all the feet of the world. I am not going to lie, my feet are NOT pretty, BUT..............................NEITHER ARE YOURS!!!

When Kayla was a couple of months old, I had to go to the post office. Since I had a ton of packages to mail, I put her carrier in her carseat dragged her along with me. We lived in Fresno. It was hot. She had NO socks on. As I was leaving two VERY nice, attractive well-to-do women start ooohing and aaahing over Kayla.

NO WAIT, STOP! WTH??? One of the ladies starts to touch Kaylas feet....her toes. Okay, NOT sure if I am in shock that a stranger is touching my baby OR that a stranger...ANYONE is actually touching.......................FEET! Okay, hyperventilating now, she starts to kiss my child's feet. Her friend apologizes for her "I am sorry, but my weirdo feet loving (okay,not her words) LOVES babies feet" I am still in shock, NOTHING comes out of my mouth. I can NOT even move to stop her. The weirdo foot freak, looks at me, kisses them again and says, " really, I am sorry, but I love little feet, I MISS little feet, CHERISH little feet!" They walk away. Okay, what just happened? Should I call the cops? That was NOT normal, that was NOT okay??? RIGHT??? Again, what happened? Why did that happen?? Let's just forget it ever happened....kay???

NOPE! I could NOT forget! STILL, I can NOT forget!

Feet!?!?!?!?!? Cherish them?!?!?!?!?

7 or 8 months later, those little feet take their first steps.

1 year after that, those little feet are running up and down the hard wood floors.

At 7 am before anyone is awake, I sit at my computer downstairs in my office. 8 am, I hear them. Little feet! Running across the hard wood floors. "Mommy, where are you?" I hear the words, but they are NOTHING like the music that I just heard. Little feet!

NOTHING, NOTHING compares to LITTLE FEET! They are BEAUTIFUL! The sound is harmonious, yet almost undescribable.

BUT, they do NOT last forever. They get bigger. The steps get louder and harder. They are no longer little steps, no longer little feet. They are now loud, monstrous stomps. No longer that beautiful music.

Some days, I sit (and yes, cry, y'all know me SO well) because my 3 pair of little feet are not so little any more. They are getting bigger, drier, uglier,hairier and YES, stinkier

They do NOT last forever. The pitter-patter of little feet.........are like music.........WERE like music.

CHERISH LITTLE FEET! They are so beautiful! Little feet........one of my favorite things.

I MISS LITTLE FEET!

CHERISH LITTLE FEET!

6 comments:

Melanie said...

i love my kids' feet!!

i kiss them all the time. even aidan's!

Alison said...

Mel, I must confess..........As babies, I ALWAYS kissed their feet. BUT, once they started walking, the kissing ceased. lmbo

Sarah said...

So true! I kiss on Trey's feet but Rileys...uh not so much LOL They do grow much to fast though :(

notjustanylisa said...

I love baby feet too...AND I think I have pretty feet...wanna see them??

LOL!!!!

stacey said...

I miss baby feet, too!

auntiesteph said...

Almost makes me want to have my own little feet...almost being the operative word in this sentence.