Wednesday, April 9, 2008

Out of the Mouths of Babes!

The things that come out of the mouths of babes, some are hilarious, some are truly sweetest as can be. Others are down right shocking and embarassing (more for us adults than them). Their words can be so innocent and other times well beyond their years. Everyday my kids say something that makes me smile or drop my jaw. For as long as I can remember my dad has been telling me to "Write everything down!" But as always, I have failed to listen. Just as he regrets not writing down his kids famous words, I too regret it. There have been so many things that I should have written down, so many memories that I will never have again, so many laughs that I can not remember. Even though there are hundreds of qwerky little sayings that one of my kids have said, there are very few that I can actually recall. This makes me so sad. Luckily Jason has written down some of Dom's most memorable quotes. He has a little notebook that he keeps hidden. He threatens to read it at her wedding. Well, after almost 14 years, I am finally going to start keeping track of what comes out of my kids mouths.

So, check back often to see some priceless quotes from the Smith crew!

To start things off....as always Kayla educates me on a daily basis.

On the way to school:

Kayla: "Mom, monsters are made of bones!"

Moi: "Really? that is interesting!"

Kayla: "Yep! and ghost are made out of ghost costumes!"

Moi: "WOW, you sure are smart!"

Kayla: "Yep!"

Moi: "SO, what are people made out of?"

Kayla: "Mom, people are made out of bones, blood, body and love!"

Moi: " Oh yeah, how could I forget?"

Kayla: "Because you are a mom and moms don't go to school!"

1 comment:

stephanie h said...

She is soo sweet! I love Kayla! :)