Monday, April 28, 2008

Jayden's 1st Communion



Yesterday (Sunday, April 27, 2008) Jayden received his 1st Holy Communion. We had been preparing for it for the last couple of months. It was a very special day for him. We are so proud that he was able to receive Jesus' body and blood.

It rained on and off all day, but I was able to take a couple dozen pictures on our front porch. Unfortunately, NO pics were allowed during the Mass. Also, NO Bibles, rosaries, prayer books, or etc were allowed while processing into the Church. The Church was PACKED. People were even standing up on the balcony. I have NEVER seen so many people for a 1st Communion. It was beautiful, BUT it made me miss my family back at home. Also, seats were assigned. Unfortunately, I was not able to see Jayden processing in or singing because, well, I am vertically challenged. BUT, we received Communion as a family, so I was right next to him as he received the Body and Blood of Christ. It truly was beautiful. I (WE) are SO proud on him. Dom and I received communion as well. Jason and Kayla were blessed. It was SO cute because she walked right up to the Priest thinking that she was going to "eat" also. lol

After Mass, Professional pics were taken. We also took a picture of Jayden with Father Kurt who said Mass, as well as Father James (Jayden's "favorite" Priest). After pics, we went to dinner. Then we headed home for cake and presents.

In celebration of the Communicants, the Church paid for the 2nd graders to go bowling, eat pizza and then watch a movie at school. Jason took the day off, to hang out with Jayden at the bowling alley. Jayden said that yesterday and today were the best days of his life.

Her are a few pics. When we get the professional ones, I will post.

Jayden REALLY thinks he is a little stud. lol

I LOVE this kid!




















OH and this pics shows Kayla's mood for the day!

2 comments:

auntiesteph said...

Congratulations Jayden on your new step in Faith! You are truly a little man...and yes as handsome as ever. Love you,
Auntie Steph

wendy said...

he is soooooo handsome :)