Sunday, January 3, 2010

65 in 365!!!

Thanks to some of my favorite people (tara, stephanie, bridget, etc, etc), I am saying SCREW "new year's resolutions". Instead, I am going for 65 and 365!!! You are probably thinking....."um, Alison....wake-up..... one or two new years resolutions might be a little easier than 65!" OR....."um...if you can't stick with ONE....why try 65???" But wait just a minute... I can do this...really I can.

First off, my 65 are NOT resolutions. Instead it is a SIMPLE LITTLE list of things that I want accomplish in 2010. Okay, so 65 things may not be a little list, but in all honesty, it is quite simple. It is simple because these are things that I actually WANT to do. Yeah...a few are things that I NEED to do. BUT, those needs are things that I kinda want to do deep down inside or am hoping that I will want to do them by the time they come along. Humor me...kay?? The other thing, is this list is actually quite attainable. Unlike most resolutions that are just not reasonable or feasible....lose 50 lbs....put $10,000 into savings, stop shopping (yeah...sure...eyes rolling)....stop drinking soda....you get the drift. This list is a compilation of things that can be done or should be done on a daily basis. NOW, you are thinking...okay so why are you posting this on your blog. If these are everyday things, just do them. Well, if you know me at all, you know that I am a lazy bum. lol Okay, not a lazy bum just a MASSIVE procrastinator. I am actually quite creative and full of all kinds of ideas. I just sometimes (well, alot of times) lack motivation or self confidence. SO...by me adding this 65 in 365....I am looking for ACCOUNTABILITY!!! Yep...from the 2 people that actually read my blog.

This should be fun. Make sure you come back and see what I have accomplished throughout the next 365 days. Everytime I accomplish something, I will highlight it in red. AND if it is something really exciting, I might even take pictures and blog about it (aren't you lucky).

SO HERE you go....my 65 in 365. (and thank you tara, as always, I am a copy cat, I am categorizing mine.




THE FREAKS (the kids)

1. family night at least 2x month (1/24)
2. craft time at least 1x month (0/12)
3. go to STL zoo
4. do a 3 BIG jigsaw puzzle (0/3)
5. go to the drive-in movies
6. take Kayla for a mani or pedi or both
7. go on picnic
8. have a dom day w/just me or jason & me
9. have a jayden day w/just me or jason & me
10. have a kayla day w/just me or jason & me
11. make new rules....chores...charts
12. make a family handbook
13. camp out with the kids after a movie night (living room or family room)
14. redecorate Kaylas room with Kaylas help
15. buy new bedding for Doms room
16.make 12 shoeboxes w/help of the kids w/goal to make 36 next year (0/12)

MOI (me...duh)

17. get medicated ( you may be laughing now....but just wait)
18. lose 20 lbs
19. make dentist appt and actually GO to it
20. take my vitamins/iron EVERY.SINGLE.DAY
21. make a pap appt (yeah, yeah TMI, but remember...ACCOUNTABILITY)
22. figure out what I want to do when I grow up
23. work out at least 3x a week (wii fit/active, gym, walk, etc)
24. blog regularly (at least once a week 0/52) & reorganize it
25. find a new activity or hobby just for ME
26. shower daily....yeah laugh all you want, but some days, I run out of time
27. make a daily schedule and actually stick to it
28. read at least 5 books...not including kids (may be hard since I have not read 5 adult books in the last 5 yrs) 0/5

STUD MUFFIN (aka Jason....this is how HE wanted to be referred too)

29. date night at least 1x month (2/12)
30. lunch at least 1x month (1/12)
31. playboard games.....at least 1x month (0/12)
32. spend more quality time with Jason....minimum 1x week.....ACCOUNTABILITY....SO SHUT IT



THE LOONEY BIN (projects for the house)

33. redecorate the laundry room (including painting the cabinets)
34. paint kitchen cabinets
35. regrout kitchen floor
36. buy new towels & washcloths for the whole house
37. landscape backyard
38. curtains/window coverings for dining room & living room
39. redecorate kids bathroom

ORGANIZATION OF THE LOONEY BIN(cleaning/organizing/etc)

40. send out christmas cards (09 was our 1st year w/o them, NOT happening again)
41. make another 65 in 365
42. clean & organize my office ( I am so scared just thinking about it)
43. organize all closets (0/8)
44. iron all uniforms for m-f EVERY sunday night
45. organize storage room
46. update frames & pictures
47. organize family room
48. keep house clean enough to actually let someone in if they knock unexpectadly

BREAKING OUT OF MY TEENY-TINY LITTLE BOX(socializing/entertaining/etc)
49. have a game night/bbq/drink night at OUR house at least 6 times (0/6)
50. go out with friends as couple at least 6 times (2/6)
51. girls night in/out at least 3 times (0/3)
52. make a new friend (this will be the hardest out of everything)
53. have a mommy & me day with a friend and her kid



GRUB (food/kitchen/cooking)

54. make a monthly amenu (2/12)
55. go through cabinets/both frig/3 freezers and toss expired food 2x (0/2)
56. make at least one new recipe a month (3/12)
57. start cupcaking...or just baking in general at least once a month (1/12)


$$$$$$$ (there is no other way to put it)

58. sell consistently on ebay & amazon with minimum sales of $1000 a month
59. payoff ALL doctor bills....a zero balance by end of year
60. learn to coupon....& actually DO IT
61. have a garage sale ($500 goal...should be easy considering we have never made under $700)
62. sell stroller & china (weird...I know, but this means something like craigs list)
63. simplify.....realize that .97 suave works just as well as $20 brand names
64. start garage saling for resell....this should be interesting considering i have only been to 1-2 in my whole life (0/10)
65. have a NO spending month....and REALLY stick to it!

4 comments:

Heather said...

i am going to do this too! of course i'm so bad i can't even get my list put together. soon though. can't wait to see how we all do with our follow through!

stephanie h said...

YAY! You can so do this! I have faith in you! : )

auntiesteph said...

You can do it! You can do it! they mostly sound fun, good luck and most of all enjoy yourself!

Unknown said...

I like this idea Ali! And I've been considering starting a blog myself lately so you're full of all kinds of great examples for me. Good luck with your list, and I'll definitely check in to see how it's going. :-)