Wednesday, January 6, 2010

UPDATE ON 65 IN 365!

SO......day #6 of 365! ummm.....yeah...soo....how are things going for YOU??? Yeah, I know the point of YOU visiting MY blog is to see how I am doing. right???? Well, I am doing okay. Literally...OKAY. Luckily it is ONLY day 6 of 365. lol

The good news is that I completed 1/12 of a task. lol I have my January menu all set up. AND it is going quite well. I am staying on track. I went grocery shopping and only bought for this weeks meals. We have NOT eaten out.....AT ALL! Not even a starbucks trip. YAY!!

NOW for my first failure. lol Well, not really a failure because luckily I still have 11 more months to redeem myself. My little uh-oh was for the NO-SPENDING January. NOPE...didn't happen. BUT, that's okay, because I still have 11 more months to complete this horrific task.

The GOOD news to the NO....NO-SPENDING January is that I actually placed a couple of orders. BUT, in my defense the orders were "good" orders. SO good, that I feel the need to share. As many of you know, I am a shopaholic. BUT, I am a deal-finding, bargain-hunting, name brand buying at deep discounts shopaholic. SO, kind of a good thing. Right??? humor me....PLEASE. IF....I still lived in the shopping capital of the USA....california, then I would be able to share all of the awesome deals that I used to find on a daily basis. BUT, I live in a small-hick town with literally NO SHOPPING. SO SAD....I know.....cry with me. You have to drive 2 hours to STL for "real" shopping. WHICH, makes it almost impossible to bargain shop on a daily basis like I once did. SO, for now, I must shop online and can only share a couple deals every now and then, instead of a gazillion a day, like I used to and like so many of my blog friends are able to do. :( Okay, done with my sob story....back to my deals.

First off, I placed a gymboree order. I am actually quite happy with my order. It is very similar to one that I placed last year. Right after Christmas during gymbucks earnings, Gymboree has their Big Red Balloon sale. This is when stuff goes cheap....dirt cheap. THEN on top of the dirt cheap items, you can use a 20% off coupon. AND still earn gymbucks. SO...it is a win-win time to order. At this time a lot of the uniform items go on sale. YAY for all of us private school peeps!!!!! Last year I ordered Kayla about a dozen white & navy blue sweaters and sweatshirts for about $3 a piece. Pretty awesome when they retail for $30ish. SO....now you are wondering what I ordered. I ordered 4 pair of navy blue leggings (two different sizes which are perfect for wearing under jumpers and skirts!), 2 red cardigan sweaters (almost $30 each), 4 pair of white biker shorts (again, 2 different sizes, perfect for under skirts/jumpers or for summertime), 4 navy blue uniform skorts, 5 pair of socks, 3 pair of underwear for Jayden and a couple of christmas leggings. WITH my coupon, I paid .80....YES....80 CENTS a piece for the socks & underwear (boxer briefs), $6ish for each sweater and $4 a piece on everything else. I saved almost 80%!!!!! AND I earned gymbucks, which I will sell for between $7-$10. NOT TOO SHABBY!!!

NOW for my second order..... this is cool because I will using my purchase towards my 65 in 365. I just placed an amazon order. Basically my Christmas gifts to myself.....3 items that I wanted for Christmas but was waiting for them to go on sale. AND guess what??? yep, they went on sale. YAY for ME!!!

Here is what I bought....


paid $20.99



paid $8.99


paid $7.49

AND you are wondering...how does this relate to the 65 in 365...well, naturally, I will tell you. I LOVE my wii. I need to work out. I hate the gym...more like I have social issues that cause me to be scared to death of the gym. BUT, I need to lose weight...soooooo THE BIGGEST LOSER for wii takes care of ALL of that, as does the 30 day shred. THEN, we have my mommy planner...schedules, appts, calendar, etc, etc! BAM.....that helps out with a TON of my 65 in 365. I get one of these EVERY year, I call it my Mommy Bible....it is my life saver. It literally saves my sanity from all of my over scheduling.

NOW, for why these were such awesome deals. First off, if you know amazon, you know....NO TAX! YAY for no tax. Secondly, all the items were ON SALE....the wii game is regularly $40...almost half price. The dvd is regularly $15....again almost half price. AND finally the calendar is regularly $15...so AGAIN half price. AND on top of that.....NO SHIPPING!!!! WOOOOHOOOO!. BUT, I am NOT done! I also had $15 in amazon gift cards that I earned through swagbucks. WHAT??? taking my total to $22.47!!!!! WOOOHOOOOOOOOOO!!!! SCORE!

And if you are interested in swagbucks. Head over to the right and click on my link for more info on earning gift cards from your everyday internet searches. Make sure you sign up under me. Thanks!

SO....sometimes a NO....NO-SPENDING month is okay! Right?? Maybe????

check me out in a few to see where else this 65 in 365 takes me.

2 comments:

stephanie h said...

awesome deals!!

Heather said...

yep those are some good deals! i think our gymbo days are coming to an end. but i did get the wii game and the planner-i've been wanting a planner!

i also have had the 30 day shred in my cart forever, but i just don't think i'll be up to it. i've heard it works though! here's a blog that has a part dedicated to the shred and shares her picture results, she also has a free blog frog forum dedicated to the shred...

http://stepsof-faith.blogspot.com/